function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maciej OlesińskiMaciej Olesiński 

Email-to-Case attachment problem with attachments size limit

Hello!
Lately I've turned Email-to-Case option and found out that there is limitation to attachments sent via Email.

According to http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/limits.htm there is limit to 10mb for attachment in "On-Demand Service".

But every time I send attachment bigger than 7,5 mb I got Mail delivery failure with "The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 Message is too large; 10485760 bytes max"

From what I've read emails grow up while they are sent by 33% so I figured out that this might be the problem.
Could anyone confirm that? If yes what are the "real" limits for attachments?

Btw maybe anyone knows, if there is way to copy/move attachment from email to salesforce attachments in case (excluding that application on appexchange)??

Best regards

Maciej

Edit: I have just noticed, that there is attachment icon next to email in case view but when i opened email i see: "Attachments[0]".

Martha_SenetaMartha_Seneta

My understanding per this article is that while the total size of all attachments on a given email combined may be as large as 10MB, any individual attachment may not exceed 5 MB.

Kumar SauravKumar Saurav
Hi Maciej,

Yes there is a limit from salesforce side for sending large size attachement.. Email services reject email messages and notify the sender if the email (combined body text, body HTML, and attachments) exceeds approximately 10 MB (varies depending on language and character set). In case you are looking for a larger file attachment you can go for 3rd party storage server for storing the file content as well as sending them over the email with large size attachment.
Cloud Drop is One such App that is some what following the same logic in order to store any number and size of files that can be associated with any salesforce object with Rackspace server.It also allow user to send very large size file as email attachment to particular contact/lead record.
Please check the following link for more information:
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0
jaya sai prasadjaya sai prasad

Hi,

you have a problem with the email attachment size ,then please check this native salesforce application MassMailer DOCS.

MassMailer DOCS let’s you easily mass email email attachments to your leads or contacts while securely storing your files with Rackspace Cloud Files.

You can try this app by installing from appexchange  -Massmailer Docs

You can learn more details about the product on this website - docs.massmailer.io