function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pawel DudekPawel Dudek 

SOQL ContentVersion and Content Packs

Greetings, 

I've been trying to implement a UI for the Content Packs feature that's available in CRM Content. I know that it's possible to get the ContentVersion objects that have FileType set to PACK and I have that already implemented. 

Now I'm having problems with getting the stuff that actually resides in the Content Pack itself. The documentation is very sparse here, if not to say there's not documentation, as Content Packs are mentioned twice, only in context that there's it's not the method to get these. They appear in ContentVersion ("Use the ContentDocument object to retrieve, query, update, and delete the latest version of a document, but not a content pack") and in ContentDocument ("Use this object to retrieve, query, update, and delete the latest version of a document, but not a content pack") and as you can see in the quotations there's nothing helpful there, unfortunately. 

So the question is: how, using SOQL, can I access and download files that are located inside a Content Pack?

Any help is appreciated!

Jia HuJia Hu
Based on doc of ContentDocument,

'You can't create, edit, or delete content packs via the API'.

I guess this function is not open to API access yet.
Pawel DudekPawel Dudek

Well, it doesn't say anything about viewing - currently I don't need editing/creating/deleting of Content Packs - just view them. I hoped there'll be something for that... (as it's not mentioned in docs). 

Anyway, thanks for the answer!

Jia HuJia Hu
doc:
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_contentversion.htm

Use this object to create, query, retrieve, search, edit, and update a specific version of a Salesforce CRM Content document or Chatter file. Use the ContentDocument object to retrieve, query, update, and delete the latest version of a document, but not a content pack, in a library or a file in Chatter.
rucoruco

Where you ever able to query the Content Pack?

Pawel DudekPawel Dudek

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to access any data from content packs (expect for their name, that is). As people above wrote, that feature is not yet available in SFQL. 

rucoruco

This is unfortunate, thanks for your quick response.

nwootennwooten

This is a shame.  It sure is difficult to migrate content from one org to another for customers especially those that leverage content packs alot.

tortellistortellis
After all these years, has this become available yet?
1t1t
Still not there, but there is an idea here to vote on. It includes a number of requested enhancements, including the API access to query relationships:
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000HuTDAA0