function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnzarAnzar 

issue with JDBC Driver with Apex Data Loader build 25.0

Hi,

I am facing issue with Apex Data Loader build 25.0 with command line operation while using database write. I am getting issue:

Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration: INSERTAccount. Sql error: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:1429)

However, it is working fine with Apex Data Loader build 22.0

Can anybody help me, what changes are required in build 25.0?

Thanks in advance,

Anzar

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AnzarAnzar

Hi,

I got the solution. Please follow below steps to configure Apex Data Loader 25.0 to export and upload data from Salesforce.com to Oracle table and vice-versa:

- Download and place the JDBC driver file inside Dataloader installation folder. In my case it is "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Data Loader",

- Modify the below line of process.bat to set the JDBC jar in the process runner classpath file as follows:

..\Java\bin\java.exe -cp ..\dataloader-25.0.1-uber.jar;..\ojdbc14.jar -Dsalesforce.config.dir=%1 com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner %PROCESS_OPTION%

Thanks

Anzar

All Answers

JitendraJitendra

Hi Anjar,

Please download the jar file from "http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc-10201-088211.html".

After downloading perform one of the below step:

1. Copy the extracted jar in "C:\Program Files\Java\<YOUR_JRE_VERSION>\lib".

If above solution does not work then

2. Copy the jar file in any folder and add that folder in Environment variables (Global path) in Windows

Let me know if it does not resolve your problem.

AnzarAnzar

Hi Jitendra,

Thanks for your reply. But, I am sorry, the solution did not work.

I downloaded the ojdbc14.jar file from provided link and placed it in the "C:\Program Files\Java\<YOUR_JRE_VERSION>\lib". But it didn't work.

I again put this jar file into one of the folder and add that folder in classpath using Environment variable. But this step also didn't work.

Any more suggestion?

For verification purposes, I verified the Dataloader ver 22.0 jar file, it contains oracle folder and related driver implemented classes. But this oracle folder and related files are not available in Dataloader ver 24.0 and 25.0. Is this a bug in Dataloader ver 24.0/25.0?

Regards,

Anzar

AnzarAnzar

Hi,

I got the solution. Please follow below steps to configure Apex Data Loader 25.0 to export and upload data from Salesforce.com to Oracle table and vice-versa:

- Download and place the JDBC driver file inside Dataloader installation folder. In my case it is "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Data Loader",

- Modify the below line of process.bat to set the JDBC jar in the process runner classpath file as follows:

..\Java\bin\java.exe -cp ..\dataloader-25.0.1-uber.jar;..\ojdbc14.jar -Dsalesforce.config.dir=%1 com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner %PROCESS_OPTION%

Thanks

Anzar

This was selected as the best answer
Mukesh Kumar 107Mukesh Kumar 107
Somehow setting ";../ojdbc14.jar" into classpath does work for me