function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CRMfusion - GWCRMfusion - GW 

Change in CampaignMember behavior

In the latest API I've found that when you create a CampaignMember to a contact that already is linked to the same campaign you get an error.

In previous versions of the API it simply did an Upsert.

Is this a bug or a feature?

GlennW 

SuperfellSuperfell
Hey Glenn, This should of been detailed in the release notes, its an explicit change in behavior 

Simon;

It would be nice if we had a way (maybe in the SOAP header) to turn off this functionality.

Regards;

GlennW

jkucerajkucera

To confirm, it's a feature - some customers want to throw an error instead of updating the same record when using an insert call and vice versa.

Feel free to use the old API versions to maintain the old upsert behavior.  Note there's a new explicit Upsert call in the campaign member API as well.

John;

Would I just provide the same information that I would to the Create call to the Upsert call and it would work the same?

In the docs is says:

"To use the upsert() call on this object, you must first delete all data in ID fields except

the record ID."

This does not make a lot of sence.

GlennW 

jkucerajkucera
That's for the new API - if you'd like the old behavior, use an older API version.

John;

I'm a little confused.

Are you saying that I can pass the LeadId, CampainId and Status to the Upsert call and it will function the same as the previous Create call?

Or can I only key the Upsert on the CampaingMemberId?

Regards;

GlennW