function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VintaraVintara 

Setting default layout/view for object tab. Attempt #4

ok, here goes another attempt at getting some help with this.

Steps:

1) Custom object is created.

2) Custom tab for custom object is created.

a) This tab shows the default view, just showing a list of object/record names.

3) I click Edit next to "View: All [Go!]" to customize the view.

HOWEVER, in order to get to my customized view the user must click [Go!] after opening the tab. How do I get my custom view to display by default? 

shillyershillyer

You could create a Visualforce pages that uses the apex:enhancedList and then tie that page to your tab.

Hope that helps,

Sati

VintaraVintara
Far as I know, an enchancedList can not be customized to the same degree as a custom object view. I need row selectors, edit/new/delete buttons etc.
shillyershillyer

It can, just make sure you set the customizable attribute to TRUE. Take a look.

Hope that helps,

Sati

VintaraVintara
That lets the user customize it to set filtering and other options, but there's no listed property or method for preloading a custom view. Seems like its the same problem as I'm having with the tabs.
jhenningjhenning
I don't think there is a way to change the default behavior of a tab. You could however create a Visualforce page tab and override the default tab link on your custom object.
VintaraVintara
But I'm not seeing a way to replicate the same level of functionality in a VF Page. Seems to be a catch 22.
mwardmward

Long dead conversation, but I found this topic via a google search because I'm in the exact same boat.  I have a list of employees and a perfect view, but to get it, you have to hit "Go."  Seems like it wouldn't be the hardest function to add to the underlying system.  I'm sure VF pages can be manipulated to do what you want, but seems like unnecessary work when the system could just have a checkbox in the View's "edit" area to make it the default, which would automatically go to that view upon clicking the tab.

mwardmward

Double post, but I continued searching and found:

http://www.sfcnmore.com/index.php/2009/06/open-tab-to-default-view/

I haven't tried it, but it might be a start for anyone else who has the same question.

Ron9Ron9

This can be solved for standard object using this app, but it also describe the solution for custom objects in its documentation.

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000009vRA4EAM

The solution is:

1. create a Visual force page and replacing the default xml with this code:

<apex:page standardController="your_custom_object__c" recordSetVar="a" 
action="{!URLFOR($Action.your_custom_object__c.List,$ObjectType.your_custom_object__c)}" />

2. replace "your_custom_object__c" with the API name of your custom object.

3. In the setup of your custom object, under "Standard buttons and links" set the "Tab" to overwrite standard action with the VF page.

Your done! Now the last custom view used will be displayed when opening the tab.

sKimblesKimble

If you adjust your settings under Personal Information on your profile, you can activate Force.com Quick Access Menu. If that is turned on, there is a blue tab that is visible on the right side of your custom object view page. If you select Edit Columns, you can edit what shows up on the Custom Object view.