function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IvanWatlingIvanWatling 

Unable to view dashboards

I want to allow a user in my Developer Edition org to view a dashboard.  The user's profile is Standard Platform User.  The profile has the Run Reports box ticked, yet when I try to view the reports tab with that user I get an 'Insufficient Privelleges' error.  When I try to add a dashboard to the home page I get a message 'Please have your administrator enable at least one dashboard for you to view'.

How can I get this working?

Message Edited by IvanWatling on 08-19-2009 12:20 AM
mpannmpann

I assume you mean, the user goes to the "Dashboard" tab? Keep in mind that dashboards - like reports - derived their permissions from the folder they are in.

As an administrator, go to the Dashboard tab, click on the link at the top "Go to Dashboard List". Select the folder your dashboard is in and edit the folder. Make sure the user is added to the list of "Shared to" roles, groups, users.

That should do it.

AnonTestQuestAnonTestQuest
I tried this and still cannot view the dashboard. The user has access to all the reports and dashboard folders and I still get that error message.
Debbie MartinDebbie Martin
I am having the same issue. I'm hoping someone can help us get to the bottom of this.