function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BPeddleBPeddle 

Outbound Messaging Call Back

Looking at this diagram http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_om_outboundmessaging.htm

I have an outbound message setup, the external web service receives it no issues and returns the success message.  Looking at the above link it appears I can also send a sessions id and at a later date, say maybe a day later have the external service send a message back to Salesforce with some update maybe.

Trying to figure out how this later return works.

Do they just hit the regular API to update what they need to and the session id will authenticate them without the api username and password .. or ... do I setup a webservice to listen in Salesforce for a later response? 

I have been looking for docs on this Optional Call back stuff but no seeing it.

Thanks

Brian

SuperfellSuperfell
the listener makes calls to the regular api using the sessionId & serverUrl contained in the outbound message. however if you wait a day to do this, the session would of already expired.
BPeddleBPeddle
I appreciate the rapid response.  Is there anyway to have a 3rd party post back something to Salesforce a day or two later without having the api username token password?
GuyClairboisGuyClairbois

I don't think there's any possibility to access the API without login credentials after the session expires. If you did find a solution pls let us know here..

Maybe a solution is to use inbound e-mail instead?

Rgrds,

Guy