function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jmaskell123jmaskell123 

Renewals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!! PLEASE!!

Hi All,

Has anyone come across this before , what is the best way to handle renewal opportunities in saleforce professional .

I have seen triggers that automatically create renewal opps when the opp is closed but we unfortunately do not have the Option of triggers and workflows.

is there a way to create an s-controll or Visualforce button that when clicked on will create and save a new opportunity for a years time.

This would save lots of time for out sales guys and be a big help to our company!!!

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Thanks A Lot

Jake Maskell 

simon__simon__
STOP SCREAMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE !!
ShipShip

Actually I have the same dilema.  There doesn't seem to be any easy way to handle renewals in salesforce?  This should be a fairly straightforward and simple process of marking something as a renewal and then having an opportunity created for 1 or 2 years out depending on the renewal terms. 

I have set up workflows to send out reminders 11 months after an opportunity is marked "renewal" and "closed", which works great but makes reporting somewhat difficult.   We have to pull two reports, one for renewals and one for open opportunities.  

Any advice on what could be done to make this process more efficient would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jason