function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
etrigueetrigue 

Has anyone experienced this: "REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED" when last 24hr-API-requests is low?

Please help. Thank you in advance.

I am using an Enterprise Edition and I am  getting the exception "REQUEST_LIMIT_EXCEEDED" when the API requests last 24 hrs is very low? Any idea why it is happening?

I try to use Apex Explorer 8 to login and it's also failed with the same exception.

Message Edited by etrigue on 08-27-2009 03:08 PM
Message Edited by etrigue on 08-27-2009 04:59 PM
SteveDundeeSteveDundee

Have you looked at the Adminstrative Report that shows API usage in the past 7 days? There might be API usage going on that you are not aware of. You've probably looked there already but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Steve

etrigueetrigue

Thanks Steve for the reply.

The problem was solved this morning and I still have no clue what caused it and who solved it, SFDC or our running processes fixed themselves.

Are you saying that there might be a running process which uses up all the API calls BUT the total showing in the last 24 hrs is not updated? I had been refreshing the page all day yesterday. :(

Do you know anything about concurrent rate and what exactly how this rate is calculated?

Thanks again.

SteveDundeeSteveDundee

I'm no expert. I just happened across the page I mentioned and was surprised (at first, though not on reflection) that users' Outlook connections were using up the same API allowance as well as the programs I wrote to upload data via the WSDL API. I don't know what the limits are - pretty big I imagine - but I guess some risk of a group of individuals using up a lot of  connections and making things difficult for the rest?

But this may be competely irrelevant to your situation!

Out of interest, where do you see the usage for the past 24h?

etrigueetrigue
Go to Setup ->Company Profile -> Company Information