function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trf199trf199 

app packaging or migration question

Hi,

I have an app in my developer edition account which I need to get quickly onto a partnership demo org. What is the best / easiest way to do this? I tried packaging and uploading but it said I need 75% test coverage (which will take some time). I don't want to put it on the app exchange, I just want to get it onto a demoable org our company has to show to customers.

Is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks

Adam LewisAdam Lewis
Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the best way to do this is occasionally run demos from a "dev" org which doesn't actually get the package installed.  75% test coverage is only the first hurdle you are facing (and not a bad thing to maintain once you have, but sometimes you want to bypass this).  There can also be unpredictable delays throughout the package build and deployment process, so not the best option for demos where you want to be able to quickly roll out changes.  I'd suggest syncing to projects via version control and deploying the code to two different orgs, one for development and the other to your partner's demo org (e.g. via metadata api or eclipse or other tooling)