function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
swethasfdcswethasfdc 

Getting error in Force.com IDE while opening it

Hi all,

I have a problem while opening Force.com IDE, i am getting a bunch of errors similiar tho this:

Before i was able to run it and made the deployment also....but suddenly just a few days before it was not working and getting me that error.

JVM terminated. Exit code=-1

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

-XX:PermSize=128M

-XX:MaxPermSize=512M

-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-os win32

-ws win32

-arch x86

-showsplash

-launcher C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\forceide.exe

-name Forceide

--launcher.library C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com

IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll

-startup C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-install C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE

-configuration C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\configuration

-clean

-vm C:/Programme/Java/jre6/bin\client\jvm.dll

-vmargs

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

Can anyone fix this problem.

Thank you,

swetha

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

Have you recently updated your JRE - possibly you've upgraded to latest Java version, which may not be compaitble with the version of the Force.com IDE (Eclipse) you have installed, although in theory new JVM's should be backward compatible.

Also check if the PATH or JAVA_HOME environment variables have been reset to an invalid value.

swethasfdcswethasfdc

No nothing was changed in path and JAVA_HOME and i am not still able to open Force.com IDE

I haven't upgraded to any jdk or jre it is same as before jdk1.6.0 and jre 1.6.0

I tried to reinstall it but its giving me the almost same error.

Anyone......plz find a solution for this.

maropiemaropie

I had a simmilar problem and and had to change the forceide.ini file. I changed:

to

XX:PermSize=128M

XX:MaxPermSize=512M

This worked for me at least.

Regards,

Maro