function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmiller734cmiller734 

Unsubscribe link in mass emails

How can I insert a link to the bottom of an email template so that an email recipient can unsubscribe to future emails? I am using the Professional version of SF. Thanks for your help!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jhurstjhurst

With the Professional Edition, there is not a way to perform automatic unsubscribes out of the box.  There are a couple of options:

1. Add an Unsubscribe Link or email address at the bottom of the email.  This link would collect the email address that wishes to unsubscribe.  You would then have to manually process the unsubscribe requests by going to each Contact or Lead and setting teh Email Opt Out flag.

2. There are a number of partner products (such as ExactTarget and VericalResponse) which allow you to manage your emails more completely (including opt-out).

Hope this helps.

Jay

All Answers

jhurstjhurst

With the Professional Edition, there is not a way to perform automatic unsubscribes out of the box.  There are a couple of options:

1. Add an Unsubscribe Link or email address at the bottom of the email.  This link would collect the email address that wishes to unsubscribe.  You would then have to manually process the unsubscribe requests by going to each Contact or Lead and setting teh Email Opt Out flag.

2. There are a number of partner products (such as ExactTarget and VericalResponse) which allow you to manage your emails more completely (including opt-out).

Hope this helps.

Jay

This was selected as the best answer
cmiller734cmiller734

Thanks Jay. I think I am going to use your first suggestion. Thanks for your help!

Chris