function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ruxtpinruxtpin 

Issues with selecting records from a view

I've created a number of views on a custom object that I created for my company. 

It was brought to my attention that when the user selects a view and it's loaded, that a user can't click on any of the fields that are presented and taken directly to the record. 

They get the "Action" column with the Edit and Del options, then a date column, a first name column and a last name column and finally a "Requestor" column. This last column works almost like a hyperlink, in that clicking the "Requestor" takes them directly to record. Clicking on the date, first name or last name doesn't take them to the record (they can double-click and that will let them edit from the view, but it still won't load the record). 

Is there any way to fix this? I feel like the users will eventually just get used to it if there's no other solution. All they have to do is move their mouse a couple of inches to the left. 

imtImran11imtImran11

Move the Requestor  field to the top in the list by editing the Views so that the hyperlink will be the first column after Edit/Del option. 

ruxtpinruxtpin

All that does is move the only field that links them to record, to the front of the view. The other fields are still not linked, in the sense that they take the user directly to the respective record. 

imtImran11imtImran11

Navigating to the record by by clicking any field can be done, but requires Visualforce to override the standard functionality.

ruxtpinruxtpin

eh. Is there a good VisualForce development tutorial around here? I'm sure I could pick up the syntax, as I have programming experience - but no SalesForce experience. 

Apart from that, my organization uses the Professional Edition, does that edition allow for visualForce pages that overwrite defaults?

Thanks