function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KunlunKunlun 

How to share custom object record to portal user under same account?

We have "Customer Portal Manager" user lisence.

There are some custom objects which lookup to an account. Some portal users will be created from the contacts under this account. We want these portal user can see all custom object records which are related to this account.

I created a portal user and add custom object in portal, but can not see any records for this objects, which are under portal user's account.

Any one can help me how to share it?

Thanks

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

I think you don’t have permission on custom object with this profile “Customer Portal Manager Custom”, so check that in your org. Since is it standard profile so you can’t give permission on this profile. Hence I would suggest that you have to simply clone that profile and name as “Customer Portal Manager Custom clone” and give the permission on all object and assign this profile to your portal users. Now portal use can see everything regarding these objects.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Kunlun liKunlun li

Hi S Jain

Thanks for your comments. It is really helpful.

I set the profile and sharing permission to portal user, it works for all objects. So if I want to share the only ones related the portal user account, I need to do some apex page to embed some SOQL to query it. Correct?

Kunlun