function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
drewpiston.ax678drewpiston.ax678 

Issues with Developer Mode and Developer Console with Spring '12 Preview

I'm developing in a sandbox that just got the Spring '12 Preview and I've noticed two things:

1) When using the Developer Console, I can no longer see the execution log (or anything but the log file itself) when a log is created, unless I create the log from the "execute" field.

Here's a picture of what the a normal log looks like when I open it:

http://screencast.com/t/HGXLZ6BxGm

And here's what the log looks like when I run code from the execute field (and how I WISH it looked like all the time).

http://screencast.com/t/3UiKE58RXw

2) The Developer Mode section shows up but I can never get the code to display, and even if I check the "view state" checkbox on my user record it never shows up:

http://screencast.com/t/BrHeOHC0

Anyone having this same issue, or have any idea what could be going on?  This was all working on Friday, which I believe was before the Spring 12 preview.

Thanks,

Drew

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
klekle

Hi Drew,

Support says the issue with developer mode has already been identified as a known issue and their Research and Development team is extensively working on fixing it. 

You may want to ask about the console.  It's probably being worked on as well.

Kemi

All Answers

bprakashbprakash

yes i have the same issues,iam unable to see the code on the page.

Have you fixed or it is because of upgradation of salesforce?

Please let me know 

Thanks

Bhanu

klekle

I have the same issue with development mode and I have tried with Safari, Chrome, and IE8.  With IE8 I actually see that the page is generating javascript errors. Our production instance is fine.  I think it is because of the upgrade to Spring '12.  I have submitted a case for it.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

Sorry to hear you're having issues, too, but thanks for chiming in!

kle, if you'd be willing to let us know what you hear back about the case that would be great.  I may open one as well.

Thanks,

Drew

klekle

Hi Drew,

Support says the issue with developer mode has already been identified as a known issue and their Research and Development team is extensively working on fixing it. 

You may want to ask about the console.  It's probably being worked on as well.

Kemi

This was selected as the best answer
Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

As for the console, any log above 300k will be open in the new Raw Log View, similar to the old system log. It's good practice to limit the size of logs through log levels and class log filters to get exactly the information you need.

This has been fixed... thanks everyone!

Thomas was corect about the size of the logs, and the viewstate error got fixed by SFDC.