function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC 

Salesforce Standard Search

Hi,

How to remove "People, Groups" option from Salesforce Standard Search box?

Thanks,
Devendra

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
abi060988abi060988

No we cannot remove it from search options. It is Salesforce Default. U can only uncheck the people and group in the search options

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can customize the search criteria of the global search.

If the global search (present in the header with salesforce logo) will not display enable the chatter from setup->customize->chatter then global search will be display.

For customize the search criteria click on the option that will display under the search of the present in the header with salesforce logo. Search option dialog box window will open uncheck the People, Groups and click on the search button present in dialog box window.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Hi Navatar_DbSup,

Yes, I can able to uncheck "People". 

But i want to remove "People: option from those available options.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks,

Devendra

abi060988abi060988

No we cannot remove it from search options. It is Salesforce Default. U can only uncheck the people and group in the search options

This was selected as the best answer
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

By default all the objects will select. checkbox All will be checked. You can manually select all the object and leave the People, Groups unchecked.

Thanks Abi and Navtar..!!

Thanks,

Devendra

Hi abi060988 and Navtar,

I know its impossible, but still i want to confirm this:

Do we have control over standard search results?

For e.g. The result which standard search displays: Is there any way to control output results of search?

Thanks,

Devendra

abi060988abi060988

Search Results display can be changed in the search layouts of the object and if u want to change the search condition also you can change in the search filter fields of search layout.

How to control search results of Prople and Group?

I was changing it from User, but it has no impact on the search result column list.

Thanks,

Devendra