function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shan141shan141 

how many master detail relationships and lookup relationships can you have on an object.

how many master detail relationships and lookup relationships can you have on an object.

shan

dke01dke01

I am just guessing these of the top of my head so I may be wrong. but it is at lease

2 Master Details and 20 lookups.

But there is also limits when Querying in SOQL how many times you can select chilren rows and transverse parents. I belive you can go up 10 levels high

Sumit KumarSumit Kumar

I am Confirm that

2 Master Details and 25 lookups we can create in an object.

Rocks_SFDCRocks_SFDC

Form the Spring 13 release onwards, i heard that we can create 3 master-detail relationships. can anyone confirm?

Rocks_SFDCRocks_SFDC
Thanks
Anil
Pradeep K VeeravalliPradeep K Veeravalli
Nop. The count for Master-Detail relationships not yet changes. Its still 2 Master-Details and 25 lookups.
Pavan DambalappaPavan Dambalappa
40 Lookups and 2 Master-Details
Shakir BegShakir Beg
I think total 40 Custom Relationship both lookup and master-detail. If any one is sure about the no. of relations then please confirm and share the offical salesforce link or document.
Rocks_SFDCRocks_SFDC
We can have 40 Look up fields for any standard object and custom object.

And we can have 2 Master - detail relationships for only custom object.
sagvi 1sagvi 1
i heard , By using Apex we can create more then 2 MD relation ships per object....Is it posible....Any one know this....?
Gaur ManishGaur Manish
As per Summer 14 the limit has been revisedd to 40 realtionship that can include maximum 2 MD relation for any object.
Refer: https://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_summer14_release_notes.pdf
Page-239 for details
ArunSankar AmirthamArunSankar Amirtham
Custom Relationship Fields - 40 per Object (2 Master Detail Relationships and 38 Lookup Relationships OR 0 Master Detail Relationships and 40 Lookup Relationships)
Amith RaoAmith Rao
Custom Relationship Fields - 40 per Object (2 Master Detail Relationships and 38 Lookup Relationships OR 0 Master Detail Relationships and 40 Lookup Relationships)

I confirm the above 100% because Goto Object >> View Objects >> Object Limits >> Custom Relationship Fields  = 40 

Regards
Amith S Rao
Adithya SreyajAdithya Sreyaj
I'll just leave it here.
Nitesh Kumar 186Nitesh Kumar 186
how many lookup exists on an object ? how we count it via apex ?

thisisrajjainthisisrajjain
Total Relationships (including Lookup and Master Detail) on a single object, we can create 40 relationship fields.
Number of Relationships you can have is :
Number of Lookup = Total Relationships - Number of Master Detail Relationships
           38               =          40                   -                        2

Please mark it helpful, if you found this answer correct.
Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47
Hi,

Greetings!

You can create up to 25 lookup fields in the standard and custom objects both.
But you have an advantage in standard objects in that you already have some standard lookup fields.
So you can create an extra 25 lookup fields with standard objects.
And you can create up to 2 MD fields in custom objects.

If you find your Solution then mark this as the best answer. 

Thank you!

Regards,
Suraj Tripathi