function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jay32Jay32 

Trying To Develop Apps For SF, Generating WSDL Not Working

Dear Boardmembers,

I want to write an application that is able to make a connection with a SalesForce database.

I am reading the SF Api Developer docs and I am going through the walkthrough. The walkthrough tells me to create a developer account and download a WSDL from it.

I've created a Developer account and I've found Setup -> Developer -> API.

Then, when I click "Generate Enterprise WSDL", it gives me the following output:

Login to the Salesforce.com SOAP Api Describe an sObject Describe a number sObjects Describe the Global state Describe all the data category groups available for a given set of types Describe the data category group structures for a given set of pair of types and data category group name Describe the layout of an sObject Describe the layout of the SoftPhone Describe the tabs that appear on a users page Create a set of new sObjects Update a set of sObjects Update or insert a set of sObjects based on object id Merge and update a set of sObjects based on object id Delete a set of sObjects Undelete a set of sObjects Empty a set of sObjects from the recycle bin Get a set of sObjects Submit an entity to a workflow process or process a workitem convert a set of leads Logout the current user, invalidating the current session. Logs out and invalidates session ids Get the IDs for deleted sObjects Get the IDs for updated sObjects Create a Query Cursor Create a Query Cursor, including deleted sObjects Gets the next batch of sObjects from a query Search for sObjects Gets server timestamp Set a user's password Reset a user's password Returns standard information relevant to the current user Send outbound email Sforce SOAP API

Not sure what to do now. Can anybody give me some pointers so I can get started building apps for SF?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

THustonTHuston

You should right-click the link and choose to (in FireFox) Save Link As.

It should save enterprise.wsdl to your directory.  This is just an XML file.

You then need to find the correct tools to use this file.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Integration

Example:

I develop in Java and must use the org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java to use the wsdl to generate a set of .java class files.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_quickstart_steps.htm

RichAintRichRichAintRich

Jay32, What programming platform are you developing your application in (VB.Net, C#.Net, Java, etc.)?