function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mwardmward 

Super newbie question about the "plural field" in Custom Object creation

I'm messing around with some tutorials using a developer account, and the screenshots and descriptions refer to a "plural" field.  Strangely, I do not seem to have this field.  It really doesn't seem to be a big deal, as far as the tutorials go, but I'm just curious as to why I don't have this field/where I can enable it.  I know this is a stupid and trivial question...sorry.

Thanks!

My screen looks exactly like this, except the "Plural Label" is completely non-existent, skipping straight from "Label" to "Object Name," even though the "The singular and plural labels are used in tabs, page layouts, and reports" description is there, obviously refering to a "Plural Label," I just simply don't have one.

Custom Object Creation

THustonTHuston

Was it used for default Relationship names and that behavior changed so it's not needed?

mwardmward

I'm sorry, I don't quite know what all of that means yet.  I created a free developer account, and in creating my first objects (going through the "warehouse" simulation official force.com tutorial), without doing anything at all, before any applications or other objects were created/changed, I just went to Setup > Create > Objects and do not have the "plural" field.

Curiously, I created a "Free" force.com account (not developer), and DO have the plural field by default from the start.  The tutorial, however, is intended for a "developer" account however...

mwardmward

A few days later, I understand what you mean now.  Unfortunately, no, that's not the case.  Since day 1 of this Developer account, before any relationships of any kind were formed, the very first object I ever created and all since then have been void of a Plural Field.

My programs are working out okay without them technically, but it's kind of an eyesore to see "Employee" as a tab instead of the more grammatically correct "Employees".