function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen 

Has anyone built any Email Monitoring systems on Salesforce?

I am curious if anyone has built any systems that would monitor whether email was being successfully delivered from Salesforce.

ahab1372ahab1372

you mean a little more advanced than the email logs you can export in csv format? 

For leads and contacts you can turn on the Bounce Management in the Email Administration and create reports about bounced emails. Is that something you were looking for?

Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen

Yeah, we ran into a mail delivery problem with SFDC that resulted in 1/4th of our relayed mail being bounced.  My users have requested a monitoring system that would alert us to this problem before the messages started bouncing (which they did after 24 hours).  Pulling logs is too reactive to be of help and monitoring a report that shows the messages after they are bounced is again too reactive.

In supporting mail servers in the past, one direction was to build an end-to-end mail path that would generate false messages on a regular basis and generate alarms if a certain number of messages were not received.  That is one way (not a great way) to monitor email health, I was hoping to see if others had any suggestions.

ahab1372ahab1372

did you try the bounce managment? I only used it once for a single campaign. Together with a report it might solve your problem, although it is not going to be instant as you still have to wait for the bounce.