function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SherriASherriA 

Roll Up Summary on Campaigns?

I need to create some roll up summary fields to replace some of the standard ones on campaigns and I'm stumped.  

The standard fields for "Total Value Opportunities" and "Total Value Won Opportunities" reference the "Amount" field on the opportunity and we don't use that field for all of our opportunity types.  So, currently, those fields only show a portion of the potential and actual $$ generated by the campaign.  I have a field on the opportunity (total amount) that gives a value for the opportunity regardless of whether the standard "Amount" field is used or one of our custom "amount" fields is used, but I can't find a way to access it.  

The standard fields aren't editable, and I can't see what they're doing in order to mimic it but point it to our "total amount" field instead of the standard "amount" field.  I can create reports that show this easily enough but some of our management users are more likely to look directly at the campaign and not run a report, so they end up with incorrect information.  

Am I going at this the wrong way?  Or is there something that I'm missing?  Any suggestions on how I can do this?  

jkucerajkucera

Unfortunately you cannot create custom campaign roll up summary fields for Opportunity criteria.

If this is critical for you, a trigger on oppty should do the trick.  After update, it would see if Total Amount changed, and if so add that difference to the campaign from primary campaign source.