function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
guyr1981guyr1981 

Filter choice of object

Hi,

I have an object of custom type: Company

I have anohter object called: Department which has a Master-Detail field -> Company

My third and last object is Employee and it has 2 Master detail relationships ->Company & ->Department

Now, I have a few companies and a few departments (each of the departments belong to a specific company).

When I open a new Employee I need to choose a company on the company field and a Department on the department field of the Employee.

Problem:

After choosing a company that the employee belongs to, I want the option list for choosing the department to only hold departments that belong to the company I choose.

How can I do that?

If someone know, I could really use the help,

Thanks,

Guy

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi guyr1981,

You can't do that currently.  Good news is that the Summer '10 release will have that capability in beta.  The feature is called Filtered Lookups.  Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.

guyr1981guyr1981

can I do it somehow with VF using my own controller and coding?

or would I just have to wait?

Thanks,

Guy

ElJefeElJefe

Great, as I have exactly the same need (Project | Project Task | Time | Timesheet custom objects) to use Project selected to filter Project Tasks on a Time Sheet line item, and today I cannot create a Field Dependency for Project Task (dependent, Lookup) using Project (controller, Master-Detail).