function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ashish.agarwalashish.agarwal 

Not able to view the custom App in Force.com Free Edition

Hi,

I signed up for Force.com free edition and then created a custom object, custom tab & custom app. Then I created another user and assigned profile "Force.com - Free User" to the user. 

I then edited profile "Force.com - Free User" and assigned the custom app to as "Visible" and "Default".

However when this user is now logging on to the system, he is not able to view the custom tab and the object. I tried a lot of different combinations but its not working.

Anyone has any idea on how to resolve this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ashish

http://www.asagarwal.com

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rockchick322004rockchick322004

There are also settings in the Profile to grant access to the Tabs and grant CRUD to the objects.  Did you enable those?

All Answers

rockchick322004rockchick322004

There are also settings in the Profile to grant access to the Tabs and grant CRUD to the objects.  Did you enable those?

This was selected as the best answer
ashish.agarwalashish.agarwal

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did grant access to tabs but did not setup CRUD on the object. Actually you cannot modify CRUD for profile " Force.com - Free User " (Since I was doing this in Force.com Free Edition).

So the trick is to "Clone" the 'Force.com - Free User' profile to your own profile and then modify that profile and grant CRUD on the object.

It is working fine now !

Todd_TXTodd_TX

Hi

Thank you for posting this... I had the same issue and cloning a new Profile worked for me as well.

I'm new to SalesForce.com / Force.com... I'm dumbfounded by this requirement to clone the Force.com - Free User Profile.  I did not find this anywhere is their documentation.  Is this an oversight?  Why can't CRUD for Custom Objects be edited for the Force.com - Free User Profile?

Thanks!