function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nbusynbusy 

Force.com IDE connection issue

Hi All,

I've got a problem in my very first trial with Force.com EDI in Eclipse 3.5.2.

Both Eclipse and Force.com EDI plugin are installed ok.

When trying to create a new Force.com Project to "Developer Edition" got an error:

Unable to fetch organizationa details for '<my user name>':

Network is unreachable: connect

Log file:

!ENTRY com.salesforce.ide.core 2 0 2010-05-07 16:40:35.182

!MESSAGE  WARN [2010-05-07 16:40:35,182] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isLoginExceptionRetryable:94) - Login evaluation deemed exception not retry-able: SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

I've tried with and wothout using "Security Token". Connection through Web Interface works fine.

P.S. Connection is from corporate network via proxy.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Nick

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
nbusynbusy

Hi xun,

The problem actually was with Network Connection proxy config in Eclipse preferences.

Somehow using Native proxy entries imported from Internet settings didn't work but adding Manual entries with exactly the same proxy details fixed everything straight away.

Your point about IP range setup was good though. Now I can avoid using security tokens.

Thanks,

Nick

All Answers

xunxun

Add your IP into Set up==> Security controls ==> Network Access

nbusynbusy

Hi xun,

The problem actually was with Network Connection proxy config in Eclipse preferences.

Somehow using Native proxy entries imported from Internet settings didn't work but adding Manual entries with exactly the same proxy details fixed everything straight away.

Your point about IP range setup was good though. Now I can avoid using security tokens.

Thanks,

Nick

This was selected as the best answer