function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
certi_vimalcerti_vimal 

Sandbox that will not be upgraded

Hi,

Do we have this facility of creating a sandbox on a SFDC server that will not be upgraded until after Production upgrade(Summer 10 upgrade)?

Can we downgrade Summer 10 upgrade to Spring 10 upgrade?

If this is possible by contacting Salesforce and doing it please let me know how the process goes. Or if this is possible by any other ways/means, do let me know how I can achieve it.

Thanks,

Vimal

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JonPJonP

The instructions for participating or opting out of the Sandbox Upgrade Preview can be found here:

http://sites.force.com/blogs/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xo&id=08730000000H4CBAA0

At the present time in the Summer '10 release schedule, any sandbox you refresh now will remain on Spring '10 until the end of the entire release cycle, on June 12.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

All Answers

EnthEnth

Your admin should have received an email from Salesforce with details of this, but in summary, any sandbox created or refreshed after a specific date (which I believe for Summer 10 has already passed) WILL NOT be updated to Summer 10. Any existing sandboxes will be updated based on the schedule for CS0-CS3 on trust.salesforce.com, i.e. planned this weekend.

JonPJonP

The instructions for participating or opting out of the Sandbox Upgrade Preview can be found here:

http://sites.force.com/blogs/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xo&id=08730000000H4CBAA0

At the present time in the Summer '10 release schedule, any sandbox you refresh now will remain on Spring '10 until the end of the entire release cycle, on June 12.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

This was selected as the best answer
certi_vimalcerti_vimal

Thanks Enth and Jon. That answered my query perfectly.

Regards,

Vimal