function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
max4904max4904 

Reporting across multiple related objects

I’ve created two custom objects that relate to the Opportunity object.  Once is called “Plans” and the other is called “Evaluations”.  I’ve created a Master-Detail relationship between the new objects and the Opportunity object. I am trying to create a single report that will show me some details (read fields) for each Opportunity that pulls a couple fields from Plans and a couple fields from Evaluations.  I appear to be able to run a single report where I can show Opportunities and Plan fields or Opportunities and Evaluation fields, but I can’t seem to find a way to create a report that shows fields from all three of them.  Is there a way to accomplish this? If so, would you please share your thoughts on how to do it?

Thanks!

tmbarrytmbarry

Max,

Have you tried creating a Custom report type that pulls in all three objects?  You can find the Custom Report Type by going to:

1. Setup
  2. App Set
  3. Create
  4. Report Types.

Todd B.

lithiumlithium

adding to max-u can create a custom report four levels deep

so that should cover ur objects

max4904max4904

I did not originally try custom report types. This seems like the perfect approach.  However, when I try to set this up, I first choose the Opportunities as the primary object, I select Plans as the secondary (A to B) relationship and then it doesn't show me Evaluations as an option for the B to C relationship.  It is only showing me Activities as an option for the B to C relationship.  I presume it isn't showing me Evaluations because they are not related to Plans, but they are related to Opportunities.  I'd like to join all three objects for the reporting, but I can't see how this will actually work.  It there a way to make this work that I am missing? 

lithiumlithium

They have to be related objects in order to pull the report.

U cannot pull reports on scattered objects which are not related

max4904max4904

The objects are all related to the Opportunity object. They are both children of the Opportunity object. Their relationships are not cascading. What additional ideas do you have?