function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
n_pavan_kumar1n_pavan_kumar1 

The Deleted records donot appear in the Recycle Bin

We are working in a project with multiple sandboxes. Some of the deleted records donot appear in the recycle bin in one sandbox instance whereas the same object record deleted in another build instance appear in the recycle bin.

Please let us know why the deleted records behavior is different based on the sandbox instances.

Thanks,

Pavan

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Pawan,

A record is automatically moved out of the recycle bin after 15 days of its deletion, it might be possible that the data on SB1 was deleted before the data in SB2..

Possible?

n_pavan_kumar1n_pavan_kumar1

Hi Sonam,

Thanks for the response. But I am deleting the record and the next sec I am checking in the Recycle Bin in bothe list views, its not appearing inthe Recycle Bin. But if I delete the same object record in the build instance it gets comes in the Recycle Bin.

There are no governor limits problem in my instance. My question is why deleted record is not coming in the recycle bin as soon as we delete it. But I can see that deleted record through query or Data Loader Export All. The deleted record can be Look up child record or detail record (any record).

Please let us know any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Pavan N Kumar

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Pawan,

Are you using API or the UI to delete the records in the Sandboxes, please let me know so I can investigate further.