function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amritamrit 

Issue while updating through workflow

Hi,

Im facing some issues while updating a field through workflow.

I have created a currency "Actual value" field  which is updating  through trigger.There is an another currency field "Proposed value" which will update "Actual value" through workflow.Through workflow im copying Actual value and update in Proposed value and making "Proposed value" editable.When i tried to edit new value in "Proposed value"  it is not saving .Showing same "Actual value".

How can i save new value in "proposed value" field

Avidev9Avidev9
Add a workflow rule criteria.
Something like ISNULL(Proposed_Value__c)

Doing so will make the workflow to fire only when Proposed_Value is null
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I am not able to understand scenario can you please let me know in field update which field you are trying to update and what are rule criteria and Evaluation criteria you have setup in workflow.

As of now I can let you know that first of all triggers gets esceuted and then workflow field update gets executed then trigger  come on way again.

amritamrit

Thanks for the reply.

Now the field gets updated when Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and every time it’s edited and criteria - ISCHANGED( Actual_CPI__c ).

Field Update- Proposed CPI = Actual CPI

This workflow will copy the value from Actual CPI and update in Proposed CPI. This will make Proposed value as editable.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

when you change Proposed CPI then trigger get executed and Actual CPI gets updated. so as Actual CPI is getting changed your PROPOSED CPI will received value from ACTUAL CPI. thats why Proposed CPI is getting same value as ACTUAL CPI