function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
S PawarS Pawar 

How i remove quamma from number field

when i store any number (eg: 1200 ) in a database object then that number will be stored as ( 1,200 )  so how i remove quamma from the value

BUSYB0YBUSYB0Y

Curious, why do you want to remove the coma? 

Devender MDevender M

Hi Pawar,

It is controlling by salesforce, so we can do one thing. You can create a text field and write a validation rule to check whether that is number or not.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Pawar,

The number format that you see in the field is decided by the Locale you select in your Personal Information.

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=user_fields.htm&language=en_US

Locale actually governs other formats like date, name etc so would not suggest you to play around with that.

Avidev9Avidev9
Well just a clarification here!
I guess you are getting it wrong.

The numbers are never stored in DB with the commas, it stays as number only. Whenever you see them using standard UI they are formatted according to your locale.
navuluri25navuluri25

change the field type from number to text and enter the value. now you don't see commas when you enter the values.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

It is just a display format of salesforce to make it very easy for user point of view in data base it gets saved as number and to get it verified please query in apex and try to debug it. you will suely get this 1.,200 as 1200