function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
j_r_roj_r_ro 

SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED

We have been hitting the single email limit on an almost daily basis in a Developer Edition org.

I have checked the email logs and from the last day, there have only been 30 emails sent. There are also no jobs listed under apex jobs in Setup that could be calling sendEmail.

Is there a way to find out where this has been called, or what emails are sent that are causing the limit to be hit?

In this document http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_gov_limits.htm the numebr of sendEmail methods is listed as 10 but as far as I was aware, we are allowed to send 1000 emails per day.

Are the limits different in developer orgs? Or could having >10 sendEmail methods also be causing this exception?

Avidev9Avidev9

Well DE org has lower limits than other org.

If you check the link you shared you will find a statement that says

• In Developer Edition organizations and organizations evaluating Salesforce during a trial period, your organization can send mass email to no more than 10 external email addresses per day. This lower limit does not apply if your organization was created before the Winter '12 release and already had mass email enabled with a higher limit.

j_r_roj_r_ro

That statement refers to mass email. The exception we are hitting is SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED.

Avidev9Avidev9

Well sorry didnt noticed the SINGLE email.

I guess there should be some sort of limitation for DE orgs. Can you raise a SF case ?

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

There is a limit email limit, which is a maximum of 1000 emails to external addresses per 24 hour period. it is not documented well but it gets fired

j_r_roj_r_ro

I know there is an email limit of 1000 per day, I said this in my originial post.

The problem is that we are definitely not sending anywhere near that many and are still hitting this limit.

LSKozLSKoz
Hi j_r_ro,

I am experiencing the same issue and have a case raised with Salesforce about this. We had sent just 10 or so emails before we were getting the SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED message.

This is worrying me.
j_r_roj_r_ro

We found that the issue was because in trial orgs, the limit is actually 15 so this could be the case for you?

LSKozLSKoz
We are using a demo org for running demos with our potential clients. This is an org created through the ISV portal.

I'm not sure if the limits also apply for these orgs.
j_r_roj_r_ro

I'm not sure how these were created but ours was a developer edition. 

We later ran into the same problem in an enterprise edition. 

LSKozLSKoz
Do you know who created it? Is it possible if you could ask them how it was created - if it was through the ISV portal? I would like to pass this information on to Salesforce support.

How did you resolve this in the end?
j_r_roj_r_ro

I've just asked, and yes we create them through partner portal.

We raised a case about the developer edition and managed to get that raised back to 1000 as I don't think that was supposed to be at 15 at all.

For the enterprise edition, I had to raise another case and were only allowed to raise it temporarily (long enough for our regression testing). We have yet to take this further but it has caused us serious problems with testing our app.

A further note - these are orgs we have had for over a year now and the limits have only just been put down to 15 so I'm not sure if this a limit they have just introduced? Let me know if you find out!

LSKozLSKoz
I've noticed the reduced limit recently, but documentation states that it only occurs for orgs created after Winter '12.

The problem is, it is our demo org and emailing is a huge part of our application so we cannot be dealing with limits this miniscule.

I will let you know how things go.
LSKozLSKoz
We got it raised from 15 to 25... not that impressed with that to be honest.
j_r_roj_r_ro

Was that a permanent increase? They would only put ours temporarily to 1000 for the enterprise org.