function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NewInternNewIntern 

Edit email body pulled from custom email template

I have a custom link to pull in an email template of Template Type 'custom' and prepopulate certain fields. The URL content source for this link is:

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?email_type=custom&template_id=00Xi0000000vRuv&id=00Yi0000000lGuY&p2_lkid={!Contact.Id}&rtype=003&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}

The problem is I am unable to do a quick editing of the prepopulated email body (not talking about editing the email template in setup) when the template is loaded before sending out the email. I know this is not possible using the standard Send An Email button too but what would be a neat workaround for this using my own link/button to send emails?

I realize fetching an email Template Type 'HTML' allows you to edit the email body but the HTML email has borders or blank columns on either side of the body as seen by the email recipient, making it look like a mass email, which I dislike.

Appreciate any tips/hacks to enable editing.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi NewIntern, 

Are you looking for this functionality while sending single emails or mass email?

We will not be able to edit it using mass email as its the system which stores the email addresses and rolls out the body and more over in mass email we would not want to customize differently for every recepient. 

Whereas in a Single email we can load the Template, see the body and then again manually send. 

Reply back there is anything specific that you are looking for. 

Regards,

Ashish