function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andyw_UKAndyw_UK 

Unable To Query Certain Fields

Hi,

I am using the SOAP API and am able to query most fields, however when trying to query AboutMe in the User table I am getting an internal server error.

I am able to query for example "SELECT Id FROM User" but when I try and query "SELECT AboutMe FROM User" I get the error.

Probably a good reason but I can't see it at the moment....

note:This is not limited to the AboutMe field and the User table, there are others as well, I am just using this as a simple example.

Kind Regards

Andy

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Andyw_UKAndyw_UK

Just an update....

It was a schoolboy error on my part, I was using an old API version where the field was not available.

This happened as I was using examples from http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sample_SOAP_Messages_(10.0_API).

Cheers

Andy

All Answers

*fish*fish
What is the exact error that you are getting? It might also help if you posted the simplest lines of code which produce this error.
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I am able to do it easily can you please let me know profile of your user.  here I was system admin

user u = new user();
u = [select id , aboutme from user where id = '00590000000Z6LzAAK'][0];
u.aboutme = 'ee';
update u ;
system.debug('======'+[select id , aboutme from user where id = '00590000000Z6LzAAK'][0].aboutme);

Andyw_UKAndyw_UK

Thanks Sandeep, I am system admin in my development environment....

So here

Andyw_UKAndyw_UK

Not sure what you mean "so here?"

Just to confirm that I am also system admin and unable to query.

Cheers

Andy

I didnt mean by "so here" I was just saying that if you got your expected answer then please close this discussion with marking any answer. System admin user also can't query on all sobjects at once.

Andyw_UKAndyw_UK

Just an update....

It was a schoolboy error on my part, I was using an old API version where the field was not available.

This happened as I was using examples from http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sample_SOAP_Messages_(10.0_API).

Cheers

Andy

This was selected as the best answer