function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Milan SanghaniMilan Sanghani 

Publishing salesforce app in to AppExchange

Hi,

I am developing salesforce application to publishing in AppExchange. In this app I am integrating salesforce to one website. Once manage package done, and security review is passed. App will be listed in AppExchange. Now the question is.

1)     Can user install this app to their professional edition, if No; then what should I do? Or what should user have to do to install app in professional edition.

2)     If app contains Apex class then, then app will work in professional edition?

Thanks,

Milan Sanghani

ArtemOArtemO

Hi Milan,

Thanks for your post! Have you signed up for our Partner Portal yet?

I'll address your questions in line:

1)     Can user install this app to their professional edition, if No; then what should I do? Or what should user have to do to install app in professional edition.

• Yes the user can. ISVforce Partners who have managed packages available on our Appexchange have access to the Partner API token which allows for your application to work with all editions of CRM. Basically, when the end user installs an app, it will not effect limits with regards to apps, tabs, or objects.

2)     If app contains Apex class then, then app will work in professional edition?

• Yes. As it will be a managed package, any Salesforce edition will be able to benefit from your app.

Hope this helps and I will keep an eye out for you when you sign up for the Portal.

Cheers,

Artem Ovsyannikov

ISV Business Development | salesforce.com

Milan SanghaniMilan Sanghani

To Became a ISVforce Partner of salesforce.com, I have to pay or Not?

ArtemOArtemO

There is a $300 security review fee for your application to go live. Otherwise, you don't owe Salesforce.com anything untill you start selling your application.

Please review the logistics of our Partner Programs here.

-Artem