function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ildiavolorossoildiavolorosso 

Force.com IDE Install Error

Hi folks. A recent Windows Security update left my IDE hosed. I've been trying like mad to get things working, including reinstalling both the JRE and IDE from scratch. But after running the self-extractor, I get the following error when I go to run the installer:

IDE Installer Error

I've tried editing my PATH and CLASSPATH system variables, but with no luck. What gives? Any idea how I can get this thing running? The same thing happens when I try to run Eclipse. I've tried Googling for the issue, and have had some hits, but none of the hits resolves this so far...

Martijn SchwärzerMartijn Schwärzer

this seems to be a JVM issue, not an eclipse or force.com IDE error.

See the following link for similar problems and the solution(s):

http://troyworks.com/blog/2008/06/08/eclipse-jvm-terminated-exit-code-1/ 

I hope this helps!

Martijn Schwärzer

Consultant - The Next View

ildiavolorossoildiavolorosso

Thanks Martijn. I reinstalled the JRE, added the JVM, and explicitly set JAVAHOME with the same result. Reimaging Windows is not an option, so I'm hoping someone has found a workaround.

kirankumar.ax1246kirankumar.ax1246

this is not working 

miklrmiklr

Joe, did you ever get this issue resolve?

I get the same JVM terminated language that's in your screen grab from your orginal start of this topic.

thanks for any help.

desmoquattrodesmoquattro

Not yet. I may try to reimage my machine.

So far, the best practice I've discovered is to install regular old eclipse, then add in the force.com plugin.

miklrmiklr

Thanks so much, I ended up uninstalling all the force.com IDE stuff and just reinstlling through eclipse, and works fine. I just have to setup a project on my environ.