function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthik11Karthik11 

Cast Iron tool for Integration

Hi..We are performing integration to Sales Force from our legacy applications where we were going to use our Siebel Web Service. In our discovery we found that SalesForce  does not support RPC encoded service  but  only supports document/literal wrapped services. Is there any work around or 3rd party tool that you know of that could be used to help us in this area so we don’t have to re-write those services.

I heard Cast Iron is a pretty decent tool for integration. Could anyone let me know how good this tool fits my issue discussed above and any inputs before I recommend this to my organization..?? Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kiranmutturukiranmutturu

ya thats a good idea.. as i am also working on CI since 2 yrs. A good tool to integrate SF.

Regards,

Kiran

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

ya thats a good idea.. as i am also working on CI since 2 yrs. A good tool to integrate SF.

Regards,

Kiran

This was selected as the best answer
Karthik11Karthik11

Thanks alot kiran.That really helps. Could you pls suggest me any documentation on cast iron which shows a demo or give some info on how it works..thx

danoxendanoxen

Karthik,  

You should also take a look at Jitterbit. The platform offers Salesforce integration specific wizards and you're going to find the product significantly more cost-effective than CI.    

Regards,

Dan

RameshforceRameshforce

Hi Kiran,

cast iron is good for sfdc integration.is there any guide or material or some overview on cast iron pls send me to my mail id...its my request..

Mail id    :    sovaramramesh@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh

Sriurs444Sriurs444

Hi Kiran,

Hope you are doing good!

I am planning to learn the cast Iron Integration tool. Do you know anyone giving the training on Cast Iron Integration tool ? or Do you have any documentation for this integration tool?

Please give me your email id or phone number to discuss the training details. Please send me an email to sriurs444@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sridhar.

KanaparthiKanaparthi

Hi Kiran,

Could you please provide any documentation for Cast Iron Integration tool? This is my email Id: sri0378@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sridhar.

kishore.epuri1.3914258172207214E12kishore.epuri1.3914258172207214E12
Hi Sridhar,

The documentation for IBM Websphere Cast Iron is a good starting point . Note that this documentation is for v6.1. IBM has published an ebook titled 'Getting Started with IBM Websphere Cast Iron Cloud Integration' which gives you a better idea.
The community forums is another good resource to look at specifically if you encounter any issues.
You can refer the below block which is really useful to integrate the salesforce using other systems using cast iron middle ware tool.

Article for  Cast Iron such as Making authenticated web service callouts using SSL/certificates, Managing the invocation of scheduled jobs, etc. useful.

Thanks
Kishore
ss_rsss_rs
Hi Kiran 

Im trying to transfer  data from database (Microsoft SQL Server) to Salesforce . I couldnt establish a ODBC database connection of MS- SQL  . The Error thrown is "[CastIron Systems][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Login failed for the user ". But the User is able to login Microsoft SQL Server Database and has all the priviliges  . Please help me to fix this issue

Thanks in advance  
Sarath Chandra IRMSarath Chandra IRM
Hi SS_RS,
 This issue happens when you are working on the recent version of the cast Iron Studio than the Orchestration. Please check if you have enabled the backward compatibility .
Path ==>  Edit/Preferences/Current Project
Thanks,
Sarath