function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Reynald.SimmonsReynald.Simmons 

Auto-Follow Opportunities in Chatter?

Our head of Sales wants to auto-follow opportunities for our Americas and Asia offices that are over a certain stage. Could Swarm 3 is not able to have more than one criteria, i.e. follow all opportunities at a certain stage versus following opportunities of certain people once they hit a certain stage.

Does anyone know if an APEX trigger would solve this? Or if there is another solution to get this setup. In the mean time I have created list views with the information and will manually update the opportunities he follows, based on the criteria, using the mass "follow" and "unfollow" buttons.

arkusarkus

While this post won't be too helpful as far as solving the problem I would just say that if you are going to use triggers to solve this make sure that you put some criteria in there for unfollowing the record - like when it goes closed or something like that,

good suggestion! A lot of times things like that are overlooked.

Marco PinderMarco Pinder

Hi Reynald,

Did you ever solve this issue with auto following Opportunities?

I am looking at a similar issue at the moment and wondered what you did?

Thanks,

Marco

the work around solution we use is to create various list views with certain criteria and i log into my sales managers account once a month and unfollow the ones that should be removed, and then follow the ones that should be followed.

example:

he wants to follow opportunities above a certain % and stage

the list view to follow has the % above 40 but less than 100, and the stage is anything not closed

the unfollow list is anything below 40 or 100%, and/or with the stage closed

it is bit cumbersome, but it has temporarily solved the problem

If you have to do this for numerous people this wont be ideal but if it is just for a few managers then it should be easy enough. You could also train people to create the 2 list views one for following and the other for unfollowing.

Marco PinderMarco Pinder

Hi Reynald,

Thanks for the suggestion, it has definitely given me a different perspective.

Hopefully Salesforce will introduce some functionality that will make this easier to manage.

Regards,

Marco

No problem Marco. Sorry for the initial delay in responding. Please let me know if you come up with another solution to this problem!