function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neil_SNeil_S 

More than one person Accept same object from Queue

Hi All,

We've just gone live with SalesForce and we have our first user-raised query.  I've managed to replicate it, but I can't believe this is how it's meant to work!  Any advice would be appreciated.

Scenario:

We have a custom object that is initially assigned to a queue.

Users who are members of the queue can monitor the queue using a view and 'Accept' the objects for them to work on.

If 2 users are monitoring the queue at the same time and see the same object, they can each tick it and say 'Accept', with the ownership passing from the queue, to user 1, and then to user 2.

We were not expecting the ownership to pass from user 1 to user 2....

Is this expected behaviour?  If so, any fixes suggested to prevent the allocation from user 1 to user 2 when user 2 presses the 'Accept' button?

Thanks in advance

Neil

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Hey,

I had the same issue, what I did was a "Take Case" button as mine were on cases.

I have over 100 agents and this would happen daily where 1 agent would take the case and another could also be working on it at the same time and whoever saved the case first, won basically... Now I might have a report of this once a month, if that. Now if its the same queue name everytime you can probaly write some could so that this button only works when the owner is that queue.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")} 

var caseObj = new sforce.SObject("Case"); 
caseObj.Id = '{!Case.Id}'; 
caseObj.OwnerId = '{!$User.Id}'; 
var result = sforce.connection.update([caseObj]); 

if (result[0].success=='false') { 
alert(result[0].errors.message); 
} else { 
window.parent.location.href="/{!Case.Id}/e?retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}"; 
}