function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShrutiShruti 

Queries regarding Exact Target

Hi , I am looking into using exact target app for sending emails to Campaign Members. I have few questions which I need to clarify before deciding on using Exact Target: 1. Can the "From" adderss be an Org-wide email address? that is can we have a picklist of "From" address in the Exact target App which will include all Org-wide email addresses and the logged in user? 2. How can we upload email templates and contacts/leads in Exact Target? Do I need to upload it every time if I am creating a new Contact/Lead or email template in Salesforce? Please provide with your inputs. Thanks in advance. Shruti
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I would recommend contacting a representative at ExactTarget for a short demo; this should answer your questions. However, based on my experience with ExactTarget, here's what I know:

1) The emails do not go through the Force.com servers and are therefore not subject to the limitations that are imposed on mass emails by salesforce.com. If I recall correctly, you can configure addresses that Exact Target independently verifies as valid addresses to send from. However, I've only used Exact Target a couple of times, and so I'm not terribly familiar with the specifics of configuring email addresses. You really should ask them how it works.

2) I believe that Exact Target saves email templates independently of the Force.com platform. You need to upload the template only once in order to use it over and again for any number of campaigns. You can use merge fields just like you can in Salesforce.

ShrutiShruti

But how do we create Email templates/contacts/leads in Exact Target? Do we have to create everything manually? Or it will sync the information based on the OrgId which we provide?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

It's a custom App in the system. You choose the Exact Target tab (I forget the exact name of it), and it allows you to create email templates and send emails. The leads or contacts are pulled from your organization's database. You can use a campaign (also in your organization's data) to send the emails. You do not need to log in to their page or do anything extraordinary to send the emails. When sending an email campaign, you do not provide an organization ID value explicitly; it uses the authentication token passed to it that grants it API access.