function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FrankensteinFrankenstein 

Apex Data Loader Command Line Interface Problem

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Apex Data Loader Command Line Interface process to extract data from the Lead object in Salesforce.com to a CSV file. I've created the process.config.xml file. When I run the command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 22.0\bin>process "C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 22.0\conf" csvLeadExtract

I'm getting the following error: "No enum const class com.salesforce.dataloader.action.OperationInfo"

Here's my process.config bean:

<bean id="csvLeadExtract"
          class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
      <description>csvLeadExtract job gets lead info from salesforce and saves info into a CSV file."</description>
        <property name="name" value="csvLeadExtract"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\status\sfdcSoapTrace.log"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://test.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="myadmin@mycompany.com"/>
                <!-- password specified below is invalid, please generate one using the encrypt.bat utility -->
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="XXX_MY_ENCODED_PASSWORD_XXX"/>
  <!-- <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 22.0\conf\key.txt"/> -->
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Lead"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id, LastName, FirstName, XXXLOTS_OF_OTHER_FIELDSXXX FROM Lead WHERE CreatedDate >= 2011-08-01T01:02:03Z"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="c:\dataloader\conf\leadsExtractMap.sdl"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="c:\dataloader\data\leads.csv"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>

The full error reads:

2011-09-08 01:06:16,119 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (Proces
sRunner.java:211) - Unable to run process null
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const cl
ass com.salesforce.dataloader.action.OperationInfo.
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:136)
a:74)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:226)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class com.salesforc
e.dataloader.action.OperationInfo.
        at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:192)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.getEnum(Config.java:441)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.getOperationInfo(Config.java:
981)
a:97)

If anyone has input on this, or examples that I can follow, I'd much appreciate that! I'm a new at this so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Frank

FrankensteinFrankenstein

I found the problem with this. Two things:

1.) Encrypt the Password and Security Token

2.) The Decrypt Key was commented out!

Got it work good!

Does anyone know how to export a tab-delimited file? The documentation says you can.

Take care!

JR1204JR1204

Hi Frank,

I am receiving the same error as you, and have tried to trouble shoot using your response. Still the same error...any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Joe