function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
markus.muellermarkus.mueller 

Reports -> filtering records with empty fields

Hey folks,

when filtering e.g. Account-Name contains "John", reports usually show all records that have john in its account-name and all records with name-field left blank.

Is it possible to exclude empty fields by set an additional report filter? I've tried various filter settings (equals not null, equals not "", contains not "", begins with "jo", etc.) but could not find any way that worked.

Any help is appreciated.

Markus

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

I don’t think there is problem with your conditions.

I have some Reports which check for null and begins with ‘’ like different conditions.

I didn’t face any problem with those conditions.

Check the Filer Logic: there might be OR condition between your filter conditions..?

You are me Might be missing something.

Let’s close the report and try to add filer. 

markus.muellermarkus.mueller

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

I tried report filtering with Account objects once again. Everything is fine (and works as expected) with this kind of standard object.

For test purposes, I added a custom field named 'AccountContact' of type Lookup(Contact) and set field filter in report builder, i.e. AccountContact not equal to "".

=> Works perfect, i.e all accounts with AccountContact left blank are filtered.

But regarding a custom object, adding field filter (with same logic as in above mentioned example) to a custom lookup-field of that custom object doesn't produce the desired result. Even records are visible which have that custom lookup field left blank.

Do you have any explanation for this behaviour or any ideas to get nearer to the solution?