function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zueri3Zueri3 

max size exceeded on attachment upload

hi

I'm using axis 1.1 to create cases from emails I get and upload the attachments (as an attachment to the case).
this program has been running for a few months now and yesterday I started getting errors on (SoapBindingStub)x.create((SObject[])y) that tell me: "attachment data exceeded maximum size"
unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the error; I successfully uploaded a file of 1 MB today while none of yesterday's files exceeded 150 KB.
I am not exactly sure what the message is about, so I checked the organisation's storage usage. the storage limit is well over 3 GB with ~1.4 GB currently used.
is it possible that the api erroneously checks used space with the default enterprise edition limit of 1 GB?
this is just about the only thing I could think of that might cause such an error (or maybe attachments may use only a certain %age of storage space? or a single user may use only a certain amount of space?)...
the really weird thing is that out of 10 items only 2 failed and 8 worked both before and after the failed ones and I can't really see any meaningful difference in the files. it's not even the biggest files that fail.
also, if it were some programming error / encoding problem, I'd expect all 10 to fail...
the same thing applies for the storage space limits, really. I'd expect the program to fail to upload anything if I had run into some kind of limit...
so, as you can see, I'm quite clueless...any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
benjasikbenjasik
Please log a case on this. I think support may need to look at your org to track this one down, as it may be an org-specific issue.

If you can repro, please let us know, or post more details.

Thanks
Zueri3Zueri3
thanks a lot for the quick reply (on sunday!)
I've logged a case with support, I'll post if I find out more...
Kumar SauravKumar Saurav
Yes there is a limit from salesforce side for sending large size attachement.You can overcome this limit by using 3rd party storage server for storing the file content as well as sending them over the email with large size attachment.
Cloud Drop is One such App that is some what following the same logic in order to store any number and size of files that can
be associated with any salesforce object with Rackspace server.It also allow user to send very large size file as email attachment to particular contact/lead record.
Please check the following link for more information:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0