function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ghjkghjk 

Contact Merging

Is there a way to merge two contact records using the API i.e. one record is deleted and all its children are associated with themerged record.
ghjkghjk
Any help would be appreciated...
benjasikbenjasik
Deleted records aren't available in the API. You'd have to manually do the contact merge (reparent all the related records), we do not expose a contactMerge api call yet
ghjkghjk

How can I determine the child records is there an easy query/API for the same that is exposed. Help would be appreciated.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi ghjk,

I think you have to contacts and want to merge the data into one and delete the one that's left.  Which is different than trying to merge a deleted contact as was alluded to in a previous post.

To do this, you will need to understand the schema that you are dealing with.  This means that you will need to look for the contact id that is to be deleted in any object that can reference a contact, and change that id to the one that contains the merge data.  This is not a static list of child objects.  You will have to determine that yourself.

Cheers

rjsmith@spssrjsmith@spss

Dave, can you give any information on when a Merge function will be available in the API?

Thanks, Rob

DevAngelDevAngel
Nope, don't when if ever it will be available in the api.
benjasikbenjasik
Please log a case to help us prioritize this one. Thanks!