function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BehzadBehzad 

Custom button or link

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create and locate a button or link in one of my object's layout. The custom object that I', working with here is the Terminal object. I would like to call this button the Confirmation.

By clicking on this button, users will be prompted with the same record page in edit mode. Also, by clicking on this button, a value from one of the custom fields is cut and pasted into another custom field.

Value of the Allocated field is cut and pasted into the location field. These custom fields have the following record id:

Allocated field = CF00N80000003dV5a

Location field = CF00N80000002TfbH

The following summarizes the details for my custom button:

Label: Confirmation Object Name: Terminal

Name: Confirmation Link Encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)

Behavior: Display in new window Display Type: Detail Page link

Moreover, this button has the following URL formula:

"/{!Terminal__c.Id}/e?CF00N80000002TfbH={!Terminal__c.Allocated__c}&CF00N80000003dV5a=&retURL=%2F{!Terminal__c.Id}"

This button with the above settings works fine and is able to display the record page in an edit mode in a new window.

However, when I try to display this page in an existing window, it would give me an error and it is not able to locate the correct URL. I have the same problem with some of my other buttons where I'm able to prompt my destination page in a new window, but I'm not able to do the same thing in the existing window.

Your thoughts and contribution are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Behzad Shahbaz

TIO Networks Corporation

Message Edited by Behzad on 09-09-2009 04:20 PM