function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KitiKiti 

Strategy for Many Developer, Single CVS, Many File Sandboxes, Many Cloud Sandboxes

I've asked this question before and have not had much feedback.

I'm looking for an SDLC development model suited to many developers working with SalesForce.

We're in the teething phases and have setup a n-developer sandboxes and a single CVS repostory.  The sandbox covers ALL metadata and objects.  Typically we'll sync changes through a combinations of updates/commits/deploy to server/refresh from server.

We've hit walls where:

* Profiles may get committed referring to objects a developer hadn't intended to ci y et.

* Some profiles won't get exported alone (resolved)

* We're forced to upgrade to Summer 2009 versions (where this should have already been the case)

* CVS updated changes to custom Objects won't get overwritten when you explicitly try to refresh from server

This may be a case of us getting used to a development model where one has to synch first with a local file sandbox and then with a cloud sandbox.  In any case if someone has gotten around these issues and defined processes for working in such a context, I would be grateful to hear about it.

I'd very much like to hear about other people's experiences, whether with CVS, Subversion or any other technologies.  

Thanks,

Raf