function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VintaraVintara 

meta.xml files constantly out of sync with server?

Using the latest IDE for Eclipse, 

Starting yesterday, about every min' or so I get the message "Save error: Conflict found while preparing to save 'xxx.cls-meta.xml' to server.  Remote instance has been updated since last save or sync."

I can work around this by refreshing from the server, pasting in my changed code and re-saving, but having to constantly do this is getting tiresom. Any ideas? 

d3developerd3developer
I've been having exactly the same problem on na7 for about two weeks now.
Jeremy-KraybillJeremy-Kraybill

Anyone find a solution for this? I just started seeing it with the latest IDE on a new project where we are editing components from a package. It stopped for one day, inexplicably, but now it's back to this behavior. As the thread stated, the only workaround is to copy-n-paste my source, do a refresh from server, and then paste and save, which is a huge hassle.

Any help much appreciated!

Jeremy Kraybill

Austin, TX 

sparkysparky

I'm having this problem as well, just started today, never seen it before.

It's happening on a particular class in a particular instance, haven't done any testing yet to see how widespread it is.

Anyone figure out how to make this go away?

BTW, this is on existing code, but a brand new install of both Eclipse (3.5.2) and the IDE.  Also installed the 64bit version of Eclipse, but don't see why that would affect anything.

Thanks!

edit; I am seeing this only when attempting to save the class, it doesn't throw the err on its own at random times.

guenthmnguenthmn

This is still happening in the Winter 12 release as well. Did someone find a cause?

Thanks,

Matt