+ Start a Discussion
billkatbillkat 

Data Loader batch mode, not creating success/error files

I'm running an extract via the command line. All runs OK, data extracted OK and no errors, but the success/error files aren't being created. Any ideas?

 

My config is here:

 

<entry key="sfdc.bulkApiSerialMode" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="1000"/>

 

<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>

<entry key="process.enableExtractSuccessOutput" value="true"/>

<entry key="process.statusOutputDirectory" value="Z:\dataloader"/>

<entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="Z:\dataloader\cb_prods_export_success.csv"/>
<entry key="process.outputError" value="Z:\dataloader\cb_prods_export_error.csv"/>

 

<entry key="process.lastRunOutputDirectory" value="Z:\dataloader\"/>

<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
<entry key="dataAccess.writeUTF8" value="true" />
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="z:\dataloader\cb_prods.csv"/>

 

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="z:\dataloader\cb_prods_SOAP_debug.log"/>

 

I've tried local and the mapped network drive in the paths above. The lastRun is created OK.

Tried with SOAP debug off too, no change.

 

Any clues would be appreciated, thanks.

SennahSennah

Are you on Windows? Maybe it's an UAC Problem... Are you running the cmd with Admin rights?

 

P.S: Mapped path not soo good idea. Try the full UNC: \\server\share\folder and even better, not the hostname but the IP for the Server.

billkatbillkat

I turned off UAC and all that, but am admin (running Vista).

Tried my local drive as well, tried network as an experiment, but made no odds.

 

Seems weird, no errors, just those logs aren't created. We're hoping to parse them as part of an overnight unattended process.

kxa422kxa422

Have you got a look on the local status subfolder ?

In the same location of the ApexDataLoader.exe program, it should be one of the subfolders, may be under the conf folder. Just in case.

billkatbillkat

Thanks, I did a whole disk search before but nothing. Had another look just now but no joy.

MVJMVJ

I took a quick look at one of CLI that works well and what I do not see in your map is the following statemnets:

 

<entry key="sfdc.entity" value=" this is the object you are extracting data from i.e. Account, Contact etc" />

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="a vaild SOQL statement " />

 

Other wise it look good.

 

Best of luck.

 

Mike

billkatbillkat

Thanks, they are there, just not posted. Extract works A-OK except for the lack of success/fail files.

 

I added a mapping file today, just in case, but no change....

Will SupinskiWill Supinski
I know this thread is old but I had the same issue and found a solution.  
The key issue with defining stuff in the process-conf.xml file is that the ORDER of the entry items matters (which is not intuitive IMO). The order is important when doing an UPSERTS as well and likely other operations...  

For this logging success/error file problem be sure to have these two <entry> tags at the top of the <map> section:

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\samples\status\sfdcSoapTrace.log"/>

Then be sure to have locations defined for your success and error files.  These entrys need to be at the BOTTOM of the map section after all the other <entry> tags:

<entry key="process.outputError" value="c:\Logs\Errors\oppsUpsertError.csv"/>
<entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="c:\Users\Logs\Success\oppsUpsertSuccess.csv"/>

I hope this helps someone!