function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shariq Abbasi.ax705Shariq Abbasi.ax705 

Close Case Button - Need help! Thanks.

Hello,

We are using cases for incident tracking in salesforce.com. There is a "close case" button on the cases page that when clicked, takes the user to another page from where the case can be closed by writing case resolution description and changing status to closed. However, the case close button is still on the detail page even when the case is closed. My manager wants the "close case" button to disappear if the status is closed. We also have a status called reopened. I want the close case button to reappear if the case is reopened.

Can someone pelase help me? How can this be done? I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
werewolfwerewolf
  1. Make a record type on Case called "Closed Case."
  2. Add a page layout for that record type that does not contain the Close Case button.
  3. Make a workflow on Case with a field update which changes the record type to "Closed Case" when IsClosed is true.

All Answers

werewolfwerewolf
  1. Make a record type on Case called "Closed Case."
  2. Add a page layout for that record type that does not contain the Close Case button.
  3. Make a workflow on Case with a field update which changes the record type to "Closed Case" when IsClosed is true.
This was selected as the best answer
Shariq Abbasi.ax705Shariq Abbasi.ax705

Worked like a charm...Thanks for the help..