function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TonyMurphy2000TonyMurphy2000 

Is AppEXchange Listing required to distribute via force.com Package mechanism

Hi,

We have a product that exposes some Rest services to enable integration from various platforms. Wanting to make these services easier to use for our customers on SFDC we have created some Apex classes that provide a nice jumpstart to somebody that want’s to call our product and use the data returned to update campaigns\records within SFDC.

I want to use the SFDC package mechanism (where I upload the package and get a URL to send to my customers) to distribute my Apex samples to users.

Also, we’d like to make some of the Apex code part of a managed package – to limit the users changing low level code, making my support a little easier and enforcing upward compatibility of my helper code.

Do I need to be on AppExchange to do as I’ve mentioned above and distribute my classes via the package mechanism? Can I just give our support team the URL for the managed package and let them give it to customers that call?

Thanks,

Tony

AishAish

Short answer, no, you do not need to be listed on Appexchange.com before being able to distribute your app or your service to your customers.

You can upload your package (managed or unmanaged) to the private appexchange area (which you can use your DE credentials to log into at www.appexchange.com). As you pointed, you will then get a URL in your DE that you can share with your customers or support.

In order for your to get on listed on the www.appexchange.com you need to pass a security review.