function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Web-passWeb-pass 

Cannot see Custom Tabs as Non-Administrator

Hi,

I have created few custom objects for the Salesforce Platform and deployed them. I can see those objects as tabs as an Admin, but for any other user they cannot see that. Even in the Customize My Tabs, i cannot see these objects. I have added these objects to the App Setup, I have changed the visibilty ON for every object as well. The only thing that i can see is that on Setup > Manage Users > Profiles ...for the Standard User profile and Platform profile i see that the custom objects are unchecked. And i cannot find a way to check them even as an Admin. Can some one please suggest any method by which i can have the non-administrators view and use this Custom Object/Tab.

Thanks,

Pratik

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

You need to clone the standard profiles, edit and enable the CRUD perms for the objects, also make sure the custom tabs are Default On, and then assign the users to these new custom profiles.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

You need to clone the standard profiles, edit and enable the CRUD perms for the objects, also make sure the custom tabs are Default On, and then assign the users to these new custom profiles.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
Web-passWeb-pass

Hey Thank you so much ...That helped !!