function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
o2bo2b 

Workflow limits

Is there any limits on number of workflows can fire in day? or is it unlimited? Each workflow can have a field update which may call a trigger to fire also. So if 10000 workflows fire at a time, how salesforce handles that? any idea or suggestions?

Thanks

Bhaskar Roy

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I think there limita w.r.t. workflows :-

1. In the number of workflows you can have in an org

2. In the hourly limit of workflow firing

I say so as during 1 of my projects I got the following mail from salesforce:-

Subject:-  Hourly limit exceeded for processing workflow time triggers

Your organization (XYZ-ABC) has reached its hourly limit for processing workflow time triggers. Processing will resume in the next hour. For information on application limits, see the salesforce.com online help.

Best regards,

salesforce.com

www.salesforce.com

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

o2bo2b

What are those limit values? any idea?

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Rules Limit Details ---
1.Total Rules   Allowed  (Limits apply  to any combination of workflow,  assignment, auto-response, and escalation   rules, both active and inactive.)
300 per object and 1000 per org (for Enterprise,Unlimited,Developer,Proffessional).
Note:- Not Available for (Personal, Contact Manager & Group edition)

2. Workflow  Rules and  Approval Processes
For Enterprise, Developer, and Unlimited Editions, each workflow rule and approval
process can have:

• 10 time triggers
• 40 immediate actions
• 40 time-dependent actions per time trigger

Note that for both immediate and time-dependent actions, there can be no more than:
• 10 email alerts
• 10 tasks
Note:- Not Available for (Personal, Contact Manager, Group & Professional edition)

3. Workflow  Time Triggers  Per Hour  500 (Enterprise), 50 (Developer), 1000(Unlimited)
Note:- Not Available for (Personal, Contact Manager, Group & Professional edition)

4.  Active Rules (Limits apply to any combination of active workflow, assignment, auto-response, and escalation rules.
 50 per object (for Enterprise,Unlimited,Developer & Proffessional Edition).
Note:- Not Available for (Personal, Contact Manager, Group edition)

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

steph.byrne.glhsteph.byrne.glh

Hey folks, I have a query...

I have 1 workflow rule with a field update. This is a time dependant update, with an unlimited number of records being updated.

As I understand it, I can have 500 Workflow Time Triggers Per Hour (Enterprise). What I am not clear on, is what happens if I breach 500 records? Do they just not update? Or do they delay? 

To clarify, it is a single TD workflow which updates multiple records.

Kayla BorgKayla Borg

This is the question I keep running into and not finding an answer to as well...

I'm trying to build a workflow - one rule, one field update - but that one field update may update as many as 150,000 records. So what can I expect to happen if it tries to update that many records at once?

Amal DominicAmal Dominic
I have come across a nice workflow and a document management tool, it is called Ultra Documents. It is very simple and easy to use; you can get setup and start a workflow in minutes. Ultra Documents comes with Document Management, document merging, Workflow process, Custom Forms, Electronic signature & various applications, the nice thing is it has a free version with all features available to you. Give it a try.